Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Living as a Child Light

Seems like it has been awhile since I typed anything. My thoughts today come from Ephesians 4 & 5...living as children of light. It seems for months I've had a war raging within my mind. There is the part of me that wants desperately to follow after God and act & be in such a way that shows this. The other part of me gives in to unwholesome talk and crude humor. I don't want to laugh at the jokes, or make them, but this part of me takes over. And yet, I know I can turn from it, it's a choice, right? (Much like my choosing to not drink carbination). But what I am finding is that my choice is not always in keeping with the notion of "what would Jesus do".

The simple truth is that I have been taught to put OFF my old self (my pre-Jesus self), which is being corrupted by my deceitful desires; But instead, to be made new in the attitude of my mind, and to put ON the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

What does that mean? For me, watch the way I talk. Letting nothing foul or dirty come out of my mouth. Saying only what helps, each word being a gift.

Lord, keep convicting my heart in regards to my speech and help me today to see each word I speak as being a gift that will help.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]