Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Poisen Ivy

For ten days now I have had poisen ivy! My arms, stomach and lower legs have looked kind of gross. So I've tried to wear long sleeve shirts and jeans most of the time. The itching has finally subsided but at its peak, there was nothing better than scalding hot water!! Oh, that felt so good! So why do you need to know this? Well, some things I've learned by having poisen ivy that I'd like to share:

1. I know what the three leaves look like now and I will certainly flee next time.

2. Either I'm highly allergic to it and it just went wild all over me, or it's just a myth that once it is in the break out stage it will no longer spread.

3. I'm much more mature when it comes to the temptation of scratching it at the age of 34 versus how much I gave in when I had it last at age 13.

4. My children's faith has strengthened because of praying that my "disease" would go away. It did!

5. I would gladly get it again to keep my wife and kids from experiencing the pain involved.

Not to much depth in the learning, but I gained something. Anybody have any poisen ivy stories?

Comments:
I don't think I've ever had poison ivy (believe it or not). I did hear once about a guy who actually got poison ivy on the brain. The only way to scratch it was to think of sandpaper...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]