Monday, December 27, 2004

A lot has changed

I'm in Abilene enjoying time with the in-laws. Christmas has been great this year and I actually enjoyed a nap as well. The holidays are nice!

OK. A lot has changed in less than a month. The church where I work (Southlake Blvd Church) has gone through some difficult times. And yet, I am more excited than ever about being there and doing the work God as called me to do. What is sad is that this body of Christ that meets at SBC is known more about it's splits than the work that is going on. And in this last month, yet another split. But from what I can tell, this one has been different than the others. The others, while pain was involved, left rather peacefully. This one hasn't been peaceful. Two of the three prior left with a preacher who had a vision and resigned to pursue that vision (the third was in regards to the name on the sign being changed). This one didn't. I know other differences are there, but I guess I point this out because the tone of our gatherings is different. I'm surrounded by staff, elders and a body that call SBC home and not only find Jesus but claim Him and willingly share His Name. I really believe a mighty work will begin through all this.

Good friends and family have left our home to create their own. I am sad and I have confessed to God and others of my resentment and bitterness to how all this came to be. However, I have prayed for God to bless and keep this flock that has departed. I can't imagine He is happy and would brush this off as "another church has planted...yipee!!" But I know He is so much bigger than me and in total control of all things. My faith has not weakened, but through Jesus and power of the Holy Spirit, I am strong. So my thanks is that He is God and I am not!

On another note...I got some cool shirts and a sweatshirt, shoes, pants, socks, boxers, a tape measure that runs along the wall and marks the measurement (haven't figured it out yet) and the kids got me a five in one video game for the TV...it has Galaga which is all I care about. Oh Yeah!!!

Anybody else?

Comments:
So far I got a watch, a shirt, a scarf, a guitar-shaped Christmas tree ornament, a picture of my folks, and a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble ... oh, and a contract on our house! Assuming nothing strange happens, we'll close by the end of January!

So, all things considered, this has been a banner year for Santa! :-)
-Brian
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]