Sunday, December 12, 2004

TODAY is about GOD

It's been too long, and I don't have much time now. But I feel the need to share how in love I am with God and with the body of Christ that meets at Southlake Blvd. Church. Three hours from now, we will meet for our first hour gathering with the next one coming at 11 a.m. I have no idea who or what to expect. It has been a tough week! Many faces that I have looked into week to week won't be back at SBC. However, still more faces that I have engaged with will be back. The journey ahead is certainly an adventure and today it begins. I love our Shepherds and enjoy my time around them and with them as we enter God's presence. Thankfully, today is not about me, or the Shepherds or those that will or won't be at SBC this morning.

TODAY is about GOD. My prayer this morning is for God to take over and for Him to call the shots. "I will wait paitentlu for the Lord, He will turn to me and hear my cry. He will lift me out of the pit of mud and mire and set my feet on the Solid Rock of Jesus Christ. On Him I will have a firm place to stand. And God, today, will put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to Him. Today, many will see and fear, will see and commit to the way of Jesus Christ, will see and commit to the service of the Kingdom, will see and put their trust not in man, but in our Lord."

Thank you God for being so Good! Many will be watching today, You be what they are looking for!

Comments:
Hang in there, bud. Call me for a mid-way lunch if you want to vent. I'll call you if we make it over to the Metroplex in the next few weeks.
 
Nino - I've heard some of the Southlake struggles from a good friend who attends there.....know that all of you - ministers, staff, elders, deacons, and body - are being prayed for as you struggle though stuff right now.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]