Monday, January 03, 2005

A Great Birthday

I had a great birthday on Saturday. Ali surprised me with the plans of going on a ski trip in early March. A no-kids trip! It was very special and the topper was that our great friends and prayer partners, the Clyde's, will be coming with us!

What made the birthday special was having the Clyde's around all weekend. We brought in the new year and then piddled and worked New Years day and then grilled out on Saturday night. We invited the Conway family over and it was great to see the interaction between these two dear families that we love.

My sweet Elizabeth also gave me present...she figured out "Happy Birthday" on the piano and played it for me (several times!!) What a gift and what a joy! And David drew for me a card that showed me on the stage at church with guitar in hand, piano to my right, and behind me is the screen with these words of worship: "Holy is the Lord, God Almighty. The earth is filled with His glory." David is paying attention!!

Elizabeth & Andrew also made cards as well as the Clyde children. My favorite pound cake (my granny's recipe) and ice cream was also delicious. Ron got me a computer game that we will be able to play over the internet...Rise of Nations...I've already had a few solo battles and could see that this could be addictive.

Finally, we bit the bullet and went with the Fiber Optics that Verizon is offering. AMAZING, especially after dial-up!!! Anyway, what I didn't expect was what Verizon sent early Friday morning...an IPOD. So I have been having fun learning all about it as well.

I Hope your 2005 is blessed. Mine has already begun in a great way, not so much the material things of life, but being surrounded by a family and friends who love me. Praise the Lord!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]