Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Life in the Pause

BONUS TIME
"It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear!" (who said it)

I've begun to reread Wild at Heart (see side bar for link) and have joined a group of men to go through it this go around. I'm excited about it and getting to know this "band of brothers!" We dealt last night with fear and being a poser. (Next week we begin on the wound).

When I think of poser, I go back to high school days (late eighties) and while I never owned a skateboard or could even ride on one, I looked the part. Except for the Vans...I never got into those. Anyway, as we talked last night and the question was posed about what character are you most like in a movie (supposedly most men want to be William Wallace in Braveheart or Indiana Jones, I'd be content with Fletch). Well, for last night the part I picked was that of "Shooter" in Hoosiers. (A couple of things to get straight: I'm not the town drunk or any drunk for that matter and I don't know that much about basketball) However, I picked him for one spot in the move.

When Gene Hackman, who plays the coach, gets himself kicked out of the game its a ploy to force Shooter to step up and be somebody. There is a big pause as the fans, players, refs, everybody looks to Shooter for guidance. It takes one of the players (I think his son) to throw out an idea then Shooter takes off and they win the game and he is excited. (Later on he stumbles again but then afterwards has more determination to change his life.)

OK, that BIG Pause. That's my fear, that's where my poser comes out. I've got this inner dilemma where I know God has plans for me beyond my wildest imagination, and I feel like He's put me to the task and everyone is watching, wondering...and it's in that pause I find myself. It's a rather stuck feeling. Many think I could do this or that, and yet, I stay in the pause.

I know digging deeper into the wound, while it can hurt, will help. I want to get on in life and not stay paused forever.

Comments:
It is so interesting to read your comments on "Shooter", and very self insightful as well. There is no question that God has equipped you to do some amazing things... and in the last couple of months, I have been amazed at your leadership, your wisdom, your courage, and your faithfulness. You have a genuine humility that shines through, but you also have an amazing depth of leadership potential that is just beginning to reveal itself. God has indeed put you in exactly the position He knows will help you stretch your wings and rise to the challenge... We are SO blessed to get to be led by you in worship and in our daily paths.
 
"NORM!!"

"How's the world treatin' ya', Norm?"

"It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milkbone underwear," said Norm Peterson of Cheers.
 
YOU ARE CORRECT! 1 for who said and 1 for the show...Val takes the lead
 
Hey Nino,
Saw your name on Mike's Blog and thought I'd stop in to say "Hey Nino." O.K. I've said it...

I'll be back later to hear your updates on Wild at Heart. Good stuff. Hope you guys are doing well!

Peace!

Chris Green
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]