Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Envying David Johson

BONUS TIME

"First time I've ever been early for work! Except for all those 'daylight savings' days... lousy farmers!"

Here you go...2 points for who said it (which, hint, would also denote the name of the show)

Mike Dotson, one of our shepherds, and I went to David Johnson's house to pray for him. David is dying, cancer has a hold of him. It amazed me how different he looked and acted after not seeing him for 3 weeks. So much more frail, his mind more lucid. It was sad! But as Mike prayed, I found myself envying David. Not the pain he is in, not to have cancer, not to be bedridden.But as Mike prayed about David's new healthy body, getting to walk the streets of gold, seeing God face to face...I desired that as well. I'm ready for home...that home. Not that I'm begging to leave my family, but I found myself envying David today.

Comments:
It's got to be Homer Simpson, from the Simpsons.

B
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]