Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Moses standing before God

BONUS TIME

"The line it is drawn/ The curse it is cast/ The slow one now/ Will later be fast."

It's extremely early Tuesday morning and I should get to bed and go to sleep, but...

OK, I've sat here for 2 minutes trying to figure out what to write and in the process have yawned quite a bit.

I'm rearranging and painting my office...it's different! I'll try to get some pics and post them!

How many of you discount your abilities and talents? Knowing and believing that God gave them to you, anointed you with them and yet you just don't believe you can "pull it off?" That's my struggle right now. It's like Moses standing before God claiming to not be a good speaker and God (I imagine) fuming, telling Moses that He indeed made his mouth. Even after God urged, encouraged and maybe even got a little forceful with Moses, Moses still discounted his abilities. That's me right now. Why is that? Anyone else ever feel that? The saddest part of this realization is that it occurred to me only after hearing the words come from my 8-year olds mouth that he "can't do it?" And while my words tell him, "Yes you can" my actions say otherwise!

Off to bed...

Comments:
You're not alone in 'discounting', Nino. It's strange to me that I have been complimented repeatedly in my professional career for having such great confidence, but I find that when it comes to things at church in particular -- praying aloud or teaching or even singing or playing the bass -- I tend to minimize my abilities. I find myself remembering Laura Shoulders complimenting my voice at the recording studio (you were there I believe), and my knee-jerk response was to tell her that my voice is only suited for harmony and not melody. I think normal people just say 'thank you'.

Definitely something for me to work on. Thanks for being an open book! Brian
 
Thanks for being real brother! You are a powerful minister of the Lord and i look forward to walking with you more.
peace, Todd
 
By the way, the lyrics are from a Dylan song. Can't think of the name though.

Brian
 
one point for Brian...The Times they are a Changin'
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]