Monday, March 14, 2005

Been Awhile

BONUS TIME (this is the game where one guesses the quote/song lyric and who said/sang it...all for one point and name on the board)

"Heywood leads the league in most offensive categories, including nose hair."

I know it's been awhile...if anyone reads this...welcome back.

I had a great time going skiing with great friends a few weeks back.(Thanks to Mom & Dad for watching the kids)

I watched today. David Johnson, whom I blogged about earlier, will pass from this life most likely this week. He has gone into a coma. Cancer is so devestating.

It's spring break now (for the next 2 weeks).

Still loving God, life, wife and fam, as well as the Southlake Blvd. Church.

Comments:
I bet you're a republican?
 
(can anyone explain the anonymous comment above?)

That's from the Blues Brothers, but I don't remember Heywood's brother's name...

B
 
Welcome back! I've been wondering where you've been.....Happy Spring Break!
 
My first thought was "Shawshank Redemption," but I'm not sure that's it.
 
Incorrect on all guesses (The Blues Brothers name was Elwood and his brothers name was Jake).

Not sure of anonymous, but I usually go the republican way.

It's good to be back!
 
"Major League"- said by Bob Euker from the press box. Great flick, btw. So is "Blue Brothers," although I can't remember a line in that movie that is even close.
 
Finally, one I get and Val steals my thunder 25 min. early! And I'll be "direct" and say I'm glad to be a republican. Or am I "indirect" in proclaiming that, then posting anonymously? Anyway, proud to be republican.

C.
 
Okay, okay, so Blues Brothers was a wild guess that was JUUUUUUUUUUSST a bit outside. I saw Heywood and thought Elwood. I'll do better, I promise!
B
 
Val gets the point and expands on the lead.

True, I was rather indirect on the "republican" issue. No doubt this is "another blog for another day." In short, I want to vote for the best person who is more in line with my values. So far, that has always been republican...if a democrat or independent came along that was better in that sense...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]