Saturday, May 07, 2005

Butterfly Kisses Dance

Last night I had the most wonderful time with my daughter. Our church put on a butterfly kisses dance and it was the best! We both dressed up and she was so hilarious going. I'd open the door for her and she would be so "tomboy" about it all, rolling her eyes. The night started with a picture, some punch, making some Hair Wreaths, eating a light buffet and then the men gathering in a circle facing our s. We quoted a pledge to them of love and protection, we blessed the 5th grade s that were present, then prayed. Then the dancing began with a slow dance to the song "Butterfly Kisses." Elizabeth did great but by the end was ready for the slow song to be over. When it was done, her word was "Finally!"

Then we got into the chicken dance, YMCA, Hand Jive, Bunny Hop, Hokie Pokie and a miriad of other great 60's - 80's tunes. In those songs, my went wild. What a "crazy dancer" as she called it. It was a "freeform" of swing dancing. I worked up a great sweat. Then we went to ride the horse and carriage, prentending that we were in the land of Genovia and waving as a prince and princess should. Came back in and immediately went to the "Build Your own Sundae Bar"...MMMMMMMM! More Dancing with the final song being Butterfly kisses once again. This time, I picked her up and held her and we danced cheek to cheek watching the slide show of all the pictures sent in by all the parents of these s.

The only time I cried was during the last verse of the song when the little is getting married and the line say..."And she leaned over/and gave me butterfly kisses/with her mama there/putting little white flowers all up in her hair!" Everytime I think about that scene that I pray is WAY OUT IN THE FUTURE, I choke up...I love that thought and it's more about Alison than Elizabeth! Anyway, the only place I messed up is that her curew was 9 and I didn't get her home until about 9:20!!! Got to nip that in the bud, huh!

Precious memory, no doubt!

Comments:
Nino,

I'm getting married in three weeks and the one song my dad really wanted to hear that night is "Butterfly Kisses." I'm going to have it playing at the reception and I just know we're both going to break down crying like you were. Sure is nice to have those memories!

Heather
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]