Tuesday, May 31, 2005

One Day At a Time

Man, the abuse I've taken on my Star Wars review hasn't been pretty! Thanks to all the comments, and yes, I probably should go see it again and not focus on Anakin, but I still stand by what I wrote about. And I will agree with one anonymous comment that Windu was a bad actor as well...mercy! And I didn't even mention the lightsaber scenes...while cool and effects were nice, a little long!

We had a great Memorial Day weekend and our gathering on Sunday morning was a great morning. David Meyer, one of our veterens from Iraq, drew the parallel of memorial day to communion and it was awesome as was his presentation of the American flag to the body as a thank you for love and support during that time.

Ali has been reading a book called "Grace-filled Parenting" (I think that's the name) and I read a chapter out of it yesterday...more convicted on giving my kids some slack as God gives it to me. Discipline will still be there, but there truly are some things where grace needs to be in place, i.e., my oldest and his need to be rid of his shoes in every kind of environment.

Life is still busy and this summer doesn't necessarily mean that it will slow down. I'm going to be teaching in our elementary program and am very excited about the curriculum we have. VBS is next week and we are doing a Marketplace theme...exciting! Then we have some travels to San Antonio, Belton, Abilene before heading back home.

Finally, had a bizarre dream early Sunday morning. I was on a game show of sorts and the jist of the game was to guess what TV show the line came from. I was on a role (hey, it was my dream) and the stuff was coming from Gilligan's Island, Brady Bunch, Dukes of Hazzard, etc. (Wierd that there were no shows from my life!) Anyway, the last question was a quote that I knew was from the show One Day At A Time, and it was Dwayne Schneider, the super, who said it. I clicked the buzzer, said "one day at a time" and got it WRONG. The answer came back as "Be Near" I was mad because there was no show called Be Near...and then I woke up. Now I'm one who begs God to speak to me in every possible way but must admit, I have yet to discern his still, small voice so matter of factly. But could this be...

One Day At a Time to Be Near...whether anyone would agree with me or not, it is ironic/coincidental/maybe even spiritual. I need to Be Near or Draw Near every day...taking it One Day at a Time. (In all of this, I'm not sure that Schneider plays any significant part, i.e. the role of God or something). But my odd dream...what do you think?

Comments:
Um...lightsaber duels were too long? Are you even a Star Wars fan???

That's an interesting dream, though. (It would have been better if there were a Sith wielding a lightsaber, but...)

I've been convicted a lot lately about not spending regular time with God, and over the weekend as it rolled over me again it struck me that I'm not really doing anything to correct the problem. I think I was really hoping that God would change my circumstances somehow, which would give me more time, of which I would devote some to Him. Of course it doesn't work that way; we're commanded to be faithful with what we have, rather than asking Him to give us more so we can then be faithful.

So my question for you (and me): what are you going to do about this? What change do you need to make a change in order to Be Near to Him?
B
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]