Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

I'm back? I must say I have many excuses running in my head as to why the long pause in blogging. My first thought was to get on to everybody for continuing to blog when EVERYONE knows April is national don't blog month. But that's just not true, it's actually don't clog month! Then I thought I'd be pious and tell everyone about the great virtue of fasting from blogging...oh how it enriches the soul! But that's just not true as well.

Truth, as I see it, is that I'm not a good journaler! I'm the kid in highschool who would get the assignment September 6th to turn in a journal December 15th...and so on December 14th I'm staying up late with 4 different colored pens making up stuff with the most common entry being "I didn't feel like journaling today!" The grade wasn't based on content but on participation, so I would get an A. (I found this worked in college as well, but don't tell anyone!)

So that's my dilemma when it comes to blogging. I love the concept and idea...I enjoy reading other's thoughts...but I have a difficult time getting motivated to do it! I thought putting a quote up and playing a game would make it more interesting for me, and for a time it was (Congratulations, Val, on winning--you may collect your prizes of a pen and magnet next time I see you!)

Actually, life has been hectic and today is no different. the month of May is no different. But sometimes you just have to knuckle down and go for it! So after all that, what's up in my world...


Not much!


Just kidding! The work at Southlake is going well. Planning and leading the worship is great and I love the people I'm around. I love and enjoy my workers as well as those involved in our worship ministry. We're searching for a pulpit minister/senior pastor/teaching minister-pastor and I'm on the committee. It's an amazing committee of dedicated people all coming in submission to the Lord and to one another with the emphasis of calling upon and listening to the God. We are in the process of choosing additional shepherds and I will be involved in it. (Not becoming a shepherd, but all the pre-stuff). Our church is in charge of the area wide National Day of Prayer on Thursday and I've got that hat on as well. And what is funny to me about not blogging for a while is that I am now the IT director in our office. THAT HAS BEEN A HEADACHE THAT I HOPE IS NOW RESOLVED AND TRULY ON THE BASCK BURNER! And I think that it is.

Now, before you feel sorry for me (and very few of you would) I'm not the only one going full steam ahead, we all at the office are going full steam ahead. And it is a good thing! Just pray for us.

Finally, my family is doing well. I love Alison so much and she has been very strong throughout all of this job stuff. And we talk which is a must. The kids are doing are also doing well. Elizabeth is standing over my shoulder and just saw her name on the screen. She's a little antsy about a field trip today. We get to go to a Daddy/Daughter dance on Friday night...I'm pumped! The the next weekend, is Daddy/Son camping and so David, Andrew and I will go and face the great unknown. OK, I need to go make lunches for everyone one. Hello Blog World!!!

Comments:
Welcome back, man. I've been checking your blog every couple of days, although my habit has really turned into going to your page and clicking your link to Mike Cope's blog, so I almost missed that you updated your blog today. :-)

If only we could come up with one or two more committees to put you on...

See you tonight,
Brian
 
Good to see you back. If I didn't have you on Bloglines, might never have seen it!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]