Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ebay & Lakewood Church

I just won on ebay!!! Our computer at home is only 3 years old, however, Gateway no longer has the specific memory one needs to add to it. So looked around some shops and saw that I could pay $100 for 256mb. Went to ebay and bid and got 512mb for $110. I like that and now our home computer, after adding the service pack 2 from microsoft, won't be noticably slow!

I'm still reading "Blue Like Jazz" and I am enjoying it! But I just don't take the time to read on any routine basis. Hopefully I'll finish at some point in the near future. I really like his honesty and simplicity when it comes to Christianity and a relationship with Jesus. I'm also going to "skim" through Joel Osteen's new book, "Your Best Life Now."

Ali and I watched, I guess, both grand openings of Lakewood Church (Saturday evening and Sunday morning services) over the weekend. I actually fell asleep watching them. It was larger than life! First, I couldn't comprehend the old Summit/Compaq being used week in/out as a gathering place for a church. It was massive! Everytime they would pan the crowd, it was like something you would expect at a conference. Anyway, what I'm most curious about is Osteen himself. I found and read a few blogs the other day all from the beginning of the year (this one first, then this one, then this one) and basically they slammed the guy as an apostate/heretic/wolf in sheeps clothing. I don't know, but found it curious as I read/skimmed over them.

I'll look through the book and see for myself. I know when I first saw him on TV in Houston, I enjoyed him...and I know several others who have noted that their life changed because of what he says.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]