Thursday, July 14, 2005

Two CD's

Two in one week, wow! A couple of things: I listend to two CD's this week. One is a music CD I get with my Worship Leader subscription, more on that in a moment. The other CD I listened to was from Willowcreek's "Defining Moments" (a product of a roundtable discussion that they send out monthly?!?) Anyway, the topic for this one was "Pastors and ."

They had Bill Hybles and Nancy Beach were joined by two guys who started church.com. The plea was for pastors to not skirt the issue of addressing this topic, but to say that it is so rampant that it must be addressed. I don't disagree at all! To many men (and women) see this as something that must stay hidden, but God's truth would plead for it to be brought out into the light. The website has the odd subtitle of "#1 Christian site." It is totally a tool to help beat this addiction. What struck me most was something that Hybles said
When it comes to guys who struggle with this addiction "their prayer lives are not often consisting of asking God to end the war, or to feed the hungry, or to hel the situations of great oppression and suffering around the world. Two-thirds of their prayer time is 'O God, would you forgive me for yet another night of spending 4 hours in front of a computer screen.' It becomes shame management.
Isn't that incredible, and yet I totally understand and have been there. What a demon! If you are struggling, it's not enough to tell you to hang in there. You need to expose it! Feel free to call or email me if you need to. And if you tell your wife and she needs to talk to someone, my wife knows all of this about me and is a great source of help. (Hope I didn't freak anyone out!)

As mentioned, I got the new Worship Leader magazine which comes with a CD with fairly new music on it. I ove getting it and listening for stuff to bring to our Body at Southlake and to honor God. Bebo Norman's "Nothing Without You" was the first song and I couldn't get past it (although I've put it in now and let it go...good stuff!) I listened like 10 times, pulling out my guitar and playing along. What an incredible song!
Nothing Without You Written By: Jeffrey Stephen Norman & Mitch Dane
Sung by Bebo Norman on album "Try
© 2004 New Spring Publishing, Inc. / Appstreet Music / Rotten Banana Music

INTRO: D2(no3) [4 measures]

VERSE 1:
D(no3) Asus
Take these hands and lift them up
Bm G2(no3)
For I have not the strength to praise you near e-nough
D(no3)
See, I have nothing
Asus D(no3)
I have nothing without You

VERSE 2:
D(no3) Asus
So take my voice and pour it out
Bm G2(no3)
Let it sing the songs of mercy I have found
D(no3)
For I have nothing
Asus D(no3)
I have nothing without You

CHORUS:
G D
And all my soul needs
G Bm
Is all Your love to cover me
A G D
So all the world will see
A
That I have nothing [2x to BRIDGE]
D
Without You

VERSE 3:
D(no3) Asus
Take my body and build it up
Bm G2(no3)
May it be broken as an offering of love
D(no3)
For I have nothing
Asus D(no3)
I have nothing without You [back to CHORUS]

BRIDGE:
Bm7 Asus G2(no3)
That I love You (yeah)
Bm A G2
With all my heart
Bm A G2
With all my soul
Bm A Em9
With all my mind
A A (let ring)
And all the strength that I can find

VERSE 4:
D(no3) Asus
Take my time here on this earth
Bm G2(no3)
And let it glorify all that You are worth
D2(no3)
For I am nothing
Asus D(no3)
I am nothing without You
Be blessed!

Comments:
Thanks for your transparency here. See you in a few weeks.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]