Friday, March 24, 2006

The Slug Bug Game

My 9 year old (10 in a week) is getting bigger...and with bigger comes the need to test his strength. So he loves to hit me in my arm as hard as he can. At first I could take it pretty good, but he seems to be getting stronger and has better aim. The "way we play" is that I get to "toughen" up his arm as well. But rather than taking it, we go through an awesome wrestling routine of taking him down and "lightly" punching his arm...then he comes back ready to hit away at me. It's fun to see his heart getting to be wild!

So speaking of hitting...most of this started because of game we call (and most people call) The Slug Bug Game. The point being that when one sees a Volkswagen beetle, you yell out "Slug Bug" plus the color and then you get to hit who ever is in the car with you.

This use to be a fun game and one of rarities because there were not many 'bugs' around, but they have made a comeback and there certainly are a plethora. But as time has gone by and as we learn from others (Val) we've come up with several other cars to look out for. Here is a list, add to it if you have others:


Comments:
FYI - Celeste says I'm not allowed to play this game with Christian yet. But today is his 1st birthday, so perhaps it won't be long... :-)

B
 
I was a slug bugger too for years. My life was so wrapped up in this i became neuortic. I got to where i couldn't sleep or eat. I lost weight. I lost interest in everything. my wife, my family, my job, my church, my dog and cats. Oh what a miserable human being i was. My only purpose in living became searching and finding bugs so i could slug someone. I became so desperate i began to steal to buy gasoline to support my habit. When my car broke down i stole cars so i could continue my search. Finally, one day while on a desperate search mission for one more slug bug i saw an advertizement on a billboard. it said, "How to quit slug bugging in 24 hours". I went to the meeting and i am completely cured. Slug bugs have no meaning any more in my life. Oh, to be truthful, for a while i had flash backs and yearned for the old days of hunt and chase and slug. but no more. I'm free!!!!!
 
So the slug bug post was just a tease? That's cold, man. Cold.

No, seriously.

B
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]