Sunday, February 20, 2005

In Just Two Weeks

Still got a Bonus out on the previous post, Everyday.

This well written article pretty much sums up the attraction of blogging on the grand scale that has taken America by storm. Now it's the mainstream media (MSM) trying to catch up with public opinion and the new search for truth. Well, not necessarily Truth all the time, but...

On Thurday I had started a blog entitled An Encouraging Prayer from King David. Well, I'd like to finish that thought today.

This morning at our gathering, it was truly for God, about God and all in tune with God. In Thursday's blog, I refered to I Chronicles 29:10-13. Now I want to share 14-20:

But who am I, and who are my people, that we should be able to give as generously as this? Everything comes from you, and we have given you only what comes from your hand. We are aliens and strangers in your sight, as were all our forefathers. Our days on earth are like a shadow, without hope. O LORD our God, as for all this abundance that we have provided for building you a temple for your Holy Name, it comes from your hand, and all of it belongs to you. I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. All these things have I given willingly and with honest intent. And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you. O LORD, God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep this desire in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you. And give my son Solomon the wholehearted devotion to keep your commands, requirements and decrees and to do everything to build the palatial structure for which I have provided.

Then David said to the whole assembly, "Praise the LORD your God." So they all praised the LORD , the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king.

Keep that scripture in mind. Two weeks ago we shared with our Body several needs and laid out our direction as a body. All this brought about after much prayer. In essence, our building has been in need of repair & upkeep for some time. Our Children's area has needed to be updated and to become more inviting. Several other things were also involved with the total coming to $169,000. The invitation was to "step into the flooded river and and watch God part the water and allow us to move forward on dry ground."

Well, today we shared the amazing joy of giving to the Lord and celebrated who He is by declaring that we reached this goal. IN JUST TWO WEEKS! Praise the Lord, our God! "And now I have seen with joy how willingly your people who are here have given to you." It has truly been an awesome day. I'm very excited about the future with God at the controls.

Comments:
Well, I'll post a guess on the bonus time.....the only movie I know that refers to blasters is the Star Wars saga....I'm assuming this is from one of the "pre-quels", but I really don't know (and following the rules, I'm giving this guess before I google the answer! :-))
 
Jenni, sorry but Brian posted on the original blog a tad bit earlier with the correct answer. (1 point for Brian) Way to go on Star Wars though! How was Highland on Sunday?
 
Highland was amazing as always. I really miss my home. While Dallas has become home in so many ways, Highland and Abilene will always be HOME.

Mike posted a recap on his blog today - but words don't really do it justice. I loved being able to worship with Zoe leading since I didn't make it to Nashville last fall.

All in all, it was an outstanding weekend.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]